Tuesday, June 8, 2010

E.V.I.L. (Sung to the tune of YMCA)

If you're familiar at all with the Northwest right now, you'd know that we've had unseasonable rain...Rain...RAIN! In fact, if you were to log on to Facebook and read any Oregonian's post, it would likely be a complaint about the weather. When Saturday showed up with glorious weather, I put on my work clothes and got busy.

I've been desperately wanting to build a square foot garden; in fact, I did build the beds, just hadn't filled them with dirt or plants. Saturday was the day my raised beds were going to say hello to Mr. Compost --- Mr. 5-way Compost which included cow manure, a favorite of the canine set.

Bella and Baxter did fairly well with staying out of said raised beds on Saturday, but just to be sure, I made an attempt at deterring them from this tasty treat by poking sticks around the edges of each bed. Lame, I know. 


As if we'd been given too much of a good thing to have ONE day of freedom from the rain, Sunday turned into a torrential downpour. Still, BnB needed to spend a little time outside in between the rain, so I tossed them out and went to work on a small project inside.

About a half hour later, I glanced out the window to check on them and what do I see? I see Baxter standing on top of a raised bed, digging with both front feet hell bent for freedom clear down to his shoulder blades. I'd like to offer up a photo of that but he stopped the minute I hollered in a murderous rage. 


Where was Bella? I hollered her name and out from the raised bed pops her head! She was IN the hole - the same hole in which Baxter was digging! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!


Sure I could refill the raised bed as they aren't that big anyway, but remember that little detail about the torrential downpour? The compost was MUD. BnB were filthy stinky monsters!  They were in deep doo-doo (pardon the pun).

(Bella is looking very innocent here; Baxter - not so much)

I temporarily covered the beds then bought some fencing the next day. I'm hoping this will keep them out. I'm just glad I hadn't planted any plants yet. 


Evil. Pure Evil.

2 comments:

Karen said...

hahahaha those trouble makers :)
they are cute little monsters

Kelly said...

Jerks! :)